ENVISION Architects values team members with a strong commitment to design excellence, sustainability and technical proficiency. We seek talented and experienced staff who are passionate about working with a diverse clientele and excelling at all levels. Our project portfolio includes award-winning facilities in Healthcare, Education, Community and Cultural projects.
We are a collaborative and dynamic firm that recognizes team members for their contributions. We look for colleagues who are self-driven, curious, thorough and creative. Our firm culture is one in which we embrace continual advancement, professional development in all aspects of the business, coaching and mentoring and a respect for hard work, commitment and diversity in ideas. We seek to embolden our colleagues by challenging their abilities and expanding their skill-sets.
We celebrate our firm and staff members through monthly staff meetings, special recognition events, and birthday celebrations. We encourage our team to volunteer and serve on boards and in community and philanthropic roles as well as serve as ambassadors in advancing the firm. We are committed to nurturing and shaping our team members holistically.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities in a team environment.
Please email letter of interest and resume to KellyK@envisionarchitects.com
Description: Successful candidates will be registered architects, responsible for leading project teams, developing project designs, conducting applicable regulatory reviews, and preparing project budgets and schedules. LEED AP BD+C accreditation is highly desirable.
As a Project Architect, you will work as a key team member in our downtown Albany, NY office. It is possible that you will work on projects outside of the Capital Region west to Syracuse, east through MA and VT, throughout the North Country, and south throughout the NYC Metro area and Long Island. Highly developed management and communication skills, with a working knowledge of industry-standard software (AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite), and strength in project and team scheduling and budgeting are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall development and implementation of projects and the coordination of team efforts to complete projects promptly and successfully.
- Serve as intermediary between Client and Project Team to oversee project scope and determine client goals, develop design concepts, and propose budget and schedule estimations. Also create and review work plans to ensure project timeliness, adherence to budget and keeps client informed on project status.
- Actively mentors and coaches emerging team members, collaborates with firm leadership on a variety of organizational efforts including profitability, resource allocation, proposals, interviews and client relations initiatives
- Enjoys working with staff, mentoring, and team collaboration and possesses a positive leadership style
Title: Architectural Intern
Description: ENVISION has a dynamic career opportunity for an Architectural Intern to join our team. We are seeking a candidate with 3-5 years of experience working in a professional architectural environment, who is team oriented, creative, and client focused. The Architectural Intern will be responsible for assisting project architects with a range of duties including the development of models, research and administration on various projects related to Healthcare, Education, and Cultural and Community projects and clients.
Successful candidates will have a strong knowledge of key programs including Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite. Candidates should also enjoy drawing by hand, including sketching ideas when collaborating with project teams. An interest in achieving LEED AP BD+C is desirable. The Project Designer must have excellent communication and time management skills, and the ability to successfully respond to leadership on multiple projects and facilitate work flow.
As an Architectural Intern, you will work as a key team member in our downtown Albany, NY office assisting in all aspects of architectural design, from presentations for clients to working with the construction team. It is possible that you will work on projects outside of the Capital Region west to Syracuse, east through MA and VT, throughout the North Country, and south throughout the NYC Metro area and Long Island. Project tasks will include hands-on architectural work, project research, and client presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting project architects in various aspects of architectural design including documenting existing conditions, drafting and modeling, project and materials research, and participating in building conditions assessments and construction administration tasks
- Collaborate with Project Team to assist in developing client goals, design concepts, and budget and schedule estimations
- Embrace being mentored and coached in all areas of the business and mentors younger staff including college Architectural Interns
- Enjoys working with staff, values collaboration and possesses a professional acumen and positive attitude